|The following letter was sent to the residents of the Curnock Estate. The original document can be found on this link.|
Technical Client Services
20 Mabledon Place
Date: 30th November 2000
CURNOCK STREET ESTATE
MEXBOROUGH, BARNBOROUGH, GOLDTHORPE, RAVENSCAR, CONISBROUGH, HICKLETON, THE MARR & TRIMDON
CAPITAL PROGRAMME 2001 – 03
The London Borough of Camden (Renewals Department), is proposing to carry out various works to the remaining 8 blocks on your estate, as part of the 2001 – 2003 Capital Programme.
Many of you will know of the on-going works to your neighbours flats at Darfield, Billingley, Warmsworth and Thurnscoe, which should be completed by early January. We would like to invite you to a residents consultation meeting to discuss similar outline proposals.
The basic proposals for your block includes:
• Window Renewal
• Door Renewal
• Removal of glazed balustrade panels to the communal access walkways, which will he replaced with perforated metal screen finished in 3istandard colour
• Glazed screens to ground floor gardens to be replaced with perforated metal screen finished in a standard colour to match the communal balconies (These screens are being removed for Health & Safety reasons).
• Decoration of communal stair walls and ceilings
• New metal doors and louvers to the ground floor bin/refuse stores
• Minor external brick and concrete repairs
This initial meeting will be held at the offices of the The Federation of Tenants and Residents Assoiciation, The Marr 11-17 Camden Street on Thursday 21st December 2000 from 6.30pm till 8.30pm. Tea and coffee will be available.
I am sorry that I have had to arrange the meeting so close to the Xmas weekend. Unfortunately, it was difficult to find a meeting room when our Consultants were available. Two Consultants from Capita Limited will attend the meeting, and shall be able to answer general queries about this scheme of works. Leaseholders and tenants are welcome to attend the meeting, but please note that it will not be possible to deal with issues relating to the planned security scheme which is unconnected with this scheme. Leaseholders should please note that there will be additional meetings in the New Year where they will be able to discuss service charge issues and methods of payment.
I hope to see you there.
Project Officer – Renewals
Tel (0207) 974 2878