This letter was sent to all residents from Kuldip Bhamra on the 6th November 2007:
I wrote to you previously regarding the above on 30th July 2007 setting out the proposed works and programme.
This purpose of this letter is to update you with the progress to date on Phase 1
As confirmed in my previous letter the agreed works consists of:
- Paving replacement and repairs.
- Replacement of some areas of damaged paving slabs with ‘bound gravel’, already used between Warmsworth and Billingley
- Providing new railings and planting around the two ramps leading up to Goldthorpe and Conisbrough.
- Closing up the disused stairwell close to the main steps to Mexborough
- Brighter lighting to block entrances and fixing defective lighting columns ( a pilot in two locations).
You will be pleased to learn that the consultants have now obtained firm quotations for these works from two different contractors. The delay was in obtaining suitable prices for the new railings.
The external lighting contractor is Evans & Shaw and the landscaping contractor is Crowley. The orders have gone out to both contractors and we anticipate starting on site by 19 November 2007. The works are expected to last about 8 weeks depending on the prompt delivery of the steel work panels.
The TRA is working with Council staff on the proposals for Phase 2 and you will be consulted on these very shortly.
The original letter can be found here.