Please read the original document by clicking on this link.
St Pancras and Somers Town
Property Service Division
London Borough Of Camden
Town Hall Extension
Tel: 020 7974 1547
Fax: 020 7974 6057
7th November 2011
Re: First round consultation report on redevelopment proposals for 30 Camden Street and 67-72 Plender Street
You recently received an invitation to the next St Pancras and Somers Town area action group meeting which will take place on Thursday 17 November 2011 from 6.30pm -8.30pm at St Pancras Community Centre, 30 Camden Street, London, NW1 OLG.
The first item to be discussed at the meeting will be the Council’s redevelopment proposals for 30 Camden Street and 62-72 Plender Street. Please find enclosed the Council’s first round consultation report concerning these proposals.
We look forward to seeing you.
(Senior project manager)
First round consultation summary report
Proposals for the redevelopment of 30 Camden Street and 67-72 Plender Street
The Council is currently consulting on proposals to redevelop 30 Camden Street and 67-72 Plender Street as part ot its 15 year Community investment programme.
During 2011 we obtained feedback from local residents, service users and community groups through one-to-one meetings, questionnaires and information sessions on our initial proposals to:
• replace the shop units on 67-72 Plender Street with a new community facility, housing and a GP surgery
• relocate St Pancras Community Centre currently at 30 Camden Street and St Martins Community Centre currently at 43 Carol Street to 67-72 Plender Street
• redevelop the site of 30 Camden Street to provide affordable housing
As a result of the feedback received we will:
• investigate further whether retaining all/some of the shops at Plender Street is a viable option for development on this site
• source alternative temporary premises for the GP surgery at Plender Street in partnership with NHS North Central London. As has always been our intention, we will ensure these premises are located in the immediate vicinity of the current surgery with no interruption to the GP’s services as a result of the re-development.
At a meeting held in July 2011, the Council’s decision making body – Cabinet, approved the Council’s plans to continue investigating its proposals for 30 Camden Street and 67-72 Plender Street in partnership with the local community, emphasizing the need to consult as widely as possible.
What happens next?
• An update on the feedback provided will be given at the next St Pancras and Somers Town Area Action Group meeting to be held on Thursday 17 November 2011
• Community representatives will work with architects to develop options for both sites
• Meetings with tenants and residents will be held to inform the options developed
• Formal consultation on the designs developed will begin in the new year
• The results of the formal consultation and the preferred development option for both sites will be presented to Cabinet in April 2012, together with a request to submit a planning application for the preferred development option.
The full feedback report can be downloaded from the Council’s website at: www.camden.gov.uk/ stpancrascc
We would like to thank all those involved in the engagement and consultation process over the last two years, and ongoing involvement of the community as we develop our proposals.
If you would like further information about these proposals you can contact: Fiona Mckeith (senior area review surveyor) on 020 7974 1547 or email: email@example.com
– Consultation Report On Redevelopment Proposals for 30 Camden Street and 67-72 Plender Street
– St Pancras and Somers Town Area Action Group
– Information About The Redevelopment of the St. Pancras Community Centre