The following letter was sent to the tenants of the Curnock Estate. The original document can be found on this link.
London Borough of Camden
Property Services Division 2nd Floor
Town Hall Extension
Tel: 020 7974 1600
Fax: 020 7974 4011
Our Ref: PSD/JD
26th January 2012
Re: Have your say on the future of 30 Camden Street and 67- 72 Plender Street
The Council is currently consulting on proposals to redevelop 30 Camden Street and 67-72 Plender Street as part of its Community investment programme.
The Community investment programme is our strategy to ensure we make the best use of our buildings and land to continue investing in Camden’s future and services.
We are holding a series of workshops that will help us to develop options for these sites. The proposals currently include :
67-72 Plender Street
• building a new community centre to replace St Pancras Community Centre at 30 Camden Street
• providing new shops that meet the needs of the community
• building new private housing; and
• re-providing the GP surgery.
30 Camden Street
• redeveloping the current St Pancras Community centre site at 30 Camden Street for affordable housing.
Your views are important to us and the workshops will give you the opportunity to speak directly to architects to help shape the options.
We are particularly keen to involve residents who would be most affected by any potential development at these two sites. These residents are likely to be those who live in the immediate area surrounding 30 Camden Street and 67-72 Plender Street.
Why should I get involved?
Your involvement can help us to:
• Understand any concerns you may have about the physical impact of development at each site – eg rights to light, exits, height of buildings
• Develop design options for each site which take into account your concerns
• Make improvements to each site informed by your views and experiences
What will I have to do?
You would need to be available to attend three short workshops for each site at St Pancras Community Centre, 30 Camden Street, NW1 on the following dates:
30 Camden Street
• Thursday 16 February 2012 – 6.00pm-8.00pm
• Tuesday 6 March 2012 – 6.00pm-8.00pm
• Wednesday 21 March 2012 – 6.00pm-8.00pm
– 67-72 Piender Street • –
• Thursday 23 February 2012 – 6.00pm-8.00pm
• Wednesday 7 March 2012 – 6.00pm-8.00pm
• Thursday 29 March 2012 – 6.00pm-8.00pm
What support could I get?
We want to ensure that everyone from all sections of the community has the chance to take part in this process.
We will pay any travel expenses you incur to attend these meetings. We may also be able to meet your childcare costs. We will provide you with any relevant information in advance of the workshops including translated versions when these are needed.
If you would like to be part of the community working group or require further information, please contact Jaishree Dholakia, consultation and engagement officer on Tel: 020 7974 1600 or email: email@example.com by no later than 13 February 2012.
We hope you will take this opportunity to have your say and get involved.
Property Services Consultation and Engagement Officer
David Tullis FRICS Head of Property Services